RED LAB IS HIRING!
WEB PRODUCTION DESIGNER
Red Lab is seeking a talented Web Production Designer to join our team. This person will be responsible for designing and developing responsive websites using modern design techniques to bring designs to life.
Position Type: Full time. In-Person preferred. Red Lab is open to a remote employee for this position if they have the ability to be in-office a couple days per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A WEB PRODUCTION DESIGNER
There is always something new going on at Red Lab. Even though each day can feel like a new adventure, there are certain core responsibilities that a Web Production Designer is responsible for:
Research & Exploration
- Educate self on the client/industry of the project to drive the style of design.
- Introduce new techniques to keep designs fresh and modern.
- Explore capabilities with the development team to understand any limitations before presenting to a client.
- Create mood boards and wireframes to help kick off the project and drive the creative direction.
Responsive Website Design
- Focus on mobile-up design by building mobile first, followed by desktop.
- Design to make sure the site easily transitions from mobile to tablet to desktop without losing any of the design integrity.
- Understand client’s goals to ensure design fully represents their brand and what they are trying to accomplish.
Execution & Explanation
- Follow specific brand guidelines, if provided.
- Devise design strategies that meet and exceed client expectations.
- Provide justification for design choices in terms that clients will understand.
- Turn designs into responsive web pages.
- Make daily website updates for client and Red Lab owned websites.
- Assist Design and Development teams with miscellaneous daily tasks.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A WEB PRODUCTION DESIGNER
Red Lab is looking for a designer who is familiar with WordPress, our preferred choice of CMS, and has experience in designing responsive websites.
We are constantly striving to take our work to the next level. Rather than just going through the motions, we are looking for someone who is creative and not afraid to push boundaries when it comes to design.
Design with purpose– is a mindset we have adopted here at Red Lab. We need someone with good written and oral communication to help our clients understand “the why” of our designs. The Web Production Designer will need to be able to explain the creative thought process that led them to the completed design.
The Web Production Designer will be in charge of handling projects for multiple clients. We are looking for someone who can efficiently balance client workload, meet deadlines and make sure each project represents the client’s individual brand identity.
We love designs that look pretty just as much as the next guy, but Red Lab’s sites hold a purpose- they MUST convert. We are looking for a Web Production Designer who can understand the client’s goal(s) and then design a product that both fits the brand AND drives the user to take action.
Attitude is everything. If you’ve got a can-do attitude and a positive spirit, you’ve got it goin’ on in our opinion.
Red Lab has a pretty relaxed environment. We like to play, a lot, but we also get sh*t done. We are looking for someone who is able to manage their time wisely and be a self-starter.
We give a damn, and you should too. We take pride in what we do and we are looking for a team member that strives to do their best every single day. We’re looking for someone who can own it and make decisions that align with our motto of “Give A Damn”.