RED LAB IS HIRING!
Red Lab Technologies is looking for a pup to join our pack as a Design Intern. This person will be responsible for assisting our Creative Director with ad creation, website design and construction of branding elements.
This is a part-time position with a weekly commitment of 10-20 hours.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DESIGN INTERN
There is always something new going on at Red Lab Tech. Even though each day can feel like a new adventure, there are four core areas for which a Design Intern is responsible.
Web Banner Creation
- Create ads for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Linkedin and the Google Display Network
- Ensure ads follow the proper specifications of each channel (i.e. size, file format, image-to-text ratio, etc.)
- Design with Red Lab Standards in mind (i.e. attention to detail, no typos, 100% of effort given, etc.)
Responsive Website Design
- Focus on mobile-up design by building mobile first, followed by desktop
- Design to make sure the site easily transitions from mobile to tablet to desktop without losing any of the design integrity
- Learn to update WordPress websites for different marketing campaigns using new and creative strategies
- Logo creation
- Font pairings
- Color palettes
- Branding guidelines
Occasional Email or Print Design
- Create email designs within the Mailchimp platform
- Design newsletters, postcards, posters, etc. based project specs and templates outlined by printers
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We are looking for someone with experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop. Familiarity in WordPress and Digital Marketing is a bonus, but not a “must”.
If you describe yourself as “right-brained”, this internship might be a good fit for you. We need someone who is creative and is able to think outside of the box.
We want to take our work to the next level. Rather than just going through the motions, we are looking for someone who is strategic and good at designing with purpose.
This internship is about more than just design. We need someone with good written and oral communication to help our clients understand “the why” of our designs. A Design Intern will need to be able to explain the creative thought process that lead them to the completed design.
A Design Intern will be in charge of handling projects for multiple clients. We are looking for someone who can efficiently balance client workload, meet deadlines and make sure each project represents the client’s individual brand identity.
Attitude is everything. If you’ve got a can-do mindset and a positive attitude, you’ve got it goin’ on in our opinion.
Red Lab Tech is a pretty relaxed environment. We like to play, a lot, but we also get sh*t done. We are looking for someone who is able to be a self-starter, quickly solve problems and manage time wisely.
We give a damn, and you should too. We take pride in what we do and we are looking for a team member that strives to do his/her best every single day. We’re looking for someone who can own it and make decisions that align with our motto of “Give A Damn”.